Thursday, March 25, 2010

It All Began With a Test Run . . . So He Says!

A few weeks back, while going through my morning ritual of checking my social media outlets – Facebook, Jennifer Lee Deaton blog, and my hotmail I stumbled upon this email from my cousin Scott.  It was a series of random links with even more random half sentences accompanying each link.  I was confused.  What is this?  Looking to see who else was included I saw that I was the only non-sibling who received what seemed like a bizarre e-mail.  I quickly sent a text to his Sister; “Quick, tell what is going on!  Why am on this e-mail list?  And how do I follow these rules in question?”  Stephanie replied (accompanied with a long laugh, I am sure) “It’s just a way for Scott to keep the family in contact and relieve some stress through laughs, hence the website links.  Just remember to respond that’s really the only rule!”
So I felt honored to be included in such an elite group.  I responded and have been invited to stay on this e-mail list for the past 2 or 3 weeks.  Even at one point being deemed along with John his lawyer!  Some days are busier than others and we can’t all respond as we’d like but we’ve had some interesting conversations and seem to stay up to speed with the world around us and eachother.  I asked Scott for his permission to create this blog as I think the website links and conversations are worthy to be memorialized.  To say the least this blog is created in Honor of the Great Scott King.

1 comment: